13421 Grass Valley Avenue
Grass Valley, CA 95945 USA
FAX 530-273-9312 Phone 530-273-9353
Phone 800-533-7437 (USA only)
STEPS TOWARD ORDERING
A SEMI-AUTOMATIC TURNOVER MACHINE
1. Make your product on an Aaburco Manual Turnover Machine, Model MT-20. If you don't already have one, you may order one, with the dies (molds) you expect use, through Aaburco, Inc. or your favorite dealer. Experiment making your favorite turnovers until you have decided on the exact fillings, dough formulations, and mold sizes needed to produce a finished turnover product that meets your specifications. If your product cannot be made using our standard mold sizes, please contact the factory and we will evaluate fabrication of custom molds.
2. Call Aaburco, Inc. and ask to talk to the Semi-Automatic Turnover Machine Applications Specialist. Review your specifications with him/her and schedule a factory demo/test on the SA-21. A Semi-Automatic Turnover Machine is only sold after it has been tested for compatibility with the customer's fillings and doughs. In some cases, where the food product is well known to Aaburco's applications engineers, the testing can be waived. However, each machine is custom built to produce the customer's special "folded food" product. All of this takes time to accomplish.
3. Information regarding attainable volume per hour will be evaluated during the testing. In-factory demonstrations will evaluate, dough type and size, operator training & proficiency, delivery speed of dough to the machine, flow testing of fillings, orifice size, auger drive configuration, auger motor size to pump the fillings, turnover size and capacity, mold size selection and many more variables that are beyond the control of Aaburco and Piemaster. One or all of these factors will determine production speed. Many factors affecting production are out of the control of Aaburco, Inc. But, we will evaluate the factors that we can control with Piemaster in our test kitchen. This is the main reason that we require factory demo/testing prior to sale of a Piemaster Model SA-21. Aaburco, Inc. has no knowledge of what will be put into the filling hopper in the customers plant and cannot be responsible for the customer's way of doing business. Our test kitchen helps us help you to answer these questions. Your ultimate production speed will not be some finite number like 1000 or 1500 pies per hour. It will be the speed that works for you, with your products, using your employees, in your plant. However, we have many customers that have achieved peak production speeds in this range, in their facilities. You too, can reach higher and higher speeds as your variable factors come under control in your facilities. Piemaster is there to do the work for you. You provide the manpower and the supplies and Piemaster will speedily do the job for you.
Aaburco, Inc. has a test kitchen, and invites potential customers to bring their fillings and doughs to see exactly how the SA-21 handles the volume production of their food products. There is a $1000.00 US fee for this demo/test. If you order a SA-21 within 60 days of the demo/test, the entire $1000.00 test fee will be applied to the purchase price. (Testing fees for international visitors may possibly be waived when a vistor travels to the US from great distances to witness an in-kitchen test.) We will use every bit of knowledge we possess to make the Piemaster make your product to your specifications. If, we cannot make your products, you may advise that you are not satisfied with the test. In this case, we will refund 100% of your demo test fee. If we can make your product and you do not purchase the SA-21 within a 60 day time limit, the $1000.00 test fee is retained to offset our test kitchen costs.
It is not mandatory that customers attend the demo/test of their products. Aaburco, will record the test on video and will send them the unedited tape of the SA-21 making the customer's turnovers. However, it is best that you come to our plant and witness the tests. You will be making a significant purchase of equipment that is custom fitted to your needs. As such, we do not accept returns on custom made machines. We welcome your attendance at your demonstration.
3. Prepare for the factory demo/test.
a. Make-up 5 gal. of each of your fillings to provide enough filling for the 10 gallon
hopper/filler to accurately
pump it, and to allow the SA-21 to be tested under production conditions.
b. Make-up enough of your dough(s) to make 300-400 turnovers.
c. Bring or send these ingredients to Aaburco, Inc. for the appointed day of the demo/test.
4. Make an appointment to visit Aaburco to watch the Semi-Automatic Turnover Machine make your products. Take control of the Model SA-21 Piemaster. Use the the machine to make your products. By attending the demo, you will familiarize yourself with the operations of the SA-21, and will be able to decide, firsthand, whether the machine will work in your production environment. There is no better way to understand the SA-21 before you commit to the purchase. If you bring a technician with you, we can also conduct the servicing training while you are here. We recommend on-site installation in all parts of the world. However, you may elect to receive training at Aaburco, Inc. and save the expense of a factory team traveling to the installation site.
Aaburco, Inc. is located in the Sierra Nevada mountains, at 3100 ft.(945 m), 70 miles (113 km) east of Sacramento, CA, 90 miles (145 km) west of Reno, NV, and 60 miles (96.5 km) west of Lake Tahoe, CA. We suggest that you fly into Reno on a Thursday afternoon. Spend the evening there, and the next morning drive to Aaburco's test kitchen, in Grass Valley, CA. We will test the Semi-Automatic Turnover Machine on Friday, upon your arrival, and by Friday evening you will be free to return to Reno/Tahoe and enjoy the mountains, shows, hotels, and gaming. In winter, excellent skiing is within 1/2 hour of our factory.
5. If it is not possible to attend the demo/test, send the sample fillings and dough to us by UPS-NEXT Day Air or Fedex OVERNIGHT. We will conduct a confidential demo/test on the SA-21 and make a personal video tape of the machine making your products and send it to you, with a written report advising you of any special circumstances and/or problems found.
6. If you dont want to ship Aaburco the sample fillings and dough(s) for testing, then, for a food materials fee of $750.00, (in addition to the $1000.00 demo/test fee) Aaburco will purchase the ingredients and prepare them in accordance with your furnished recipes. Be sure the recipes are in the proper proportions for 5 gal. of filling and enough dough to make 300-400 turnovers. You may help with the preparations if you will be at Aaburco for the test. Or if you prefer, we will make the turnovers and send you the detailed and unedited video tape of the demo/test with some of your samples.
7. If you are satisfied the SA-21 Piemaster Semi-Automatic Turnover Machine will help make your products, ask for a detailed quotation. Then, send your order and the required 50% pre-payment to Aaburco.
See the Price & Information Sheets for Payment Terms and more details. If you need more specific information on the Semi-Automatic Turnover Machine, please contact the factory and discuss your specific needs. We look forward to working with you.
SPECIAL NOTE ON FOOD PRODUCT PACKAGING: TRY NOT to finalize packaging or shipping boxes for your turnovers until you have evaluated samples of your products made with the Manual or Semi-Automatic PieMasterä Turnover Machine. The finished size of the turnovers made on PieMasterä may be different from those made by hand. If boxes have been ordered and printed before final die sizes are determined, then either the boxes may be the wrong size or custom molds may be necessary to make the final turnover fit the box. A set of custom molds will cost approximately $3900.00-$5000.00 depending on complexity. We hope that you do not have to buy them just because you have a large inventory of too-small or too-large boxes on hand. However, it you have the need, for any reason, to order custom molds, we will be happy to provide an exact custom molds quotation upon request.
Home - Pricing Info - View SA-21 - Main Menu
© 1996-2000, 2001, Aaburco, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This page updated May 4, 2001.